Monday, March 16, 2009

OLD

6 September 2006
OLD LIKE WOAH. SHITY LIKE WOAH.

There was a broken piano at the corner of the room. And that wasn't the only thing that was in pieces. Casting a look around, i wondered how whoever stayed here actually managed to live in this room. For the life of me, i couldn't figure out HOW, let alone WHY or WHAT was i doing in somebody else's room. Somebody whom i definitely didn't know.

It was funny how everything seemed so familiar.

/I'm not dreaming am I?/ It felt so surreal. I could even hear the quietness of the room whispering around. It was so familiar, yet not and my brain was starting to hurt from all the cogs turning. Maybe i fell asleep in class or something. Most probably i did. ooh boy, i'd better not have any glitter in my hair... Why was i still dreaming?

The piano wouldn't play. And i still couldn't figure out where i was.

"It's not often i get to see someone." I whirled round. A figure slowly slid of the bed. Even from the relative darkness of the room, i could see her half-smile.

"Erm. It's your house, er, right? I'm sorry-"

"There isn't a need to apologise."

"..."

She shrugged. "Like i said, i don't get anybody here, so you'll have to forgive the... untidiness."

There was a thick silence after that. She walked up right next to me with the grace only one could achieve after staying in a messy room for years. My mind stupidly decided to realise that she was my height, instead of wondering why i was still-

"dreaming." Startled i gave her a wide eyed look, that ranged from a blur "wha?" to "OMGWTF"

"This is all in your mind."

Okay. so my mind was a wierd place to be. Cliched too.

"And it could do with a little more light."

"It's your fault for coming up with such a dreary place." sheepishly, i looked around once more. So. why was my mind, to put it mildly, a mess? The only other person in the room seemed to know what i was thinking, and smiled wirly.

"Like i said. give the room light." But how? there weren't any curtains, or even a window for that matter... What did it mean, to brighten up this room...

"You know, you think too much sometimes. You teenage angst emo-er wannabe. After all, your life isn't bad you know. It's all-"

""superficial.""

And the room lit up, light flooding in from a window that had appeared out of no where. She laughed again.

"If things were that easy..." And i could see that the room wasn't messy anymore. The occupant of the room had waltzed over to the piano and had started playing a few notes. and she was...

Beautiful.

"I am what you percieve me to be." And i smiled, finally understanding what she meant, what she was trying to show me with her window and all.

"So will you stop running away?"

I nodded. "You're me."

"I'm you; I'm Id." And then she grinned outright.

"And lessons are going to end soon, so you'd better wake up."